Hip Hop 4 Life is a champion of positive youth development and empowerment.
Hip Hop 4 Life was created in response to vital health and life issues among adolescent American youth, especially within lower-income communities of color in predominantly urban areas. The growing problems related to physical and mental health, as well as the lack of needed resources in underserved schools and neighborhoods, presented a clear need for programs that can begin to combat ignorance and lack of motivation to better preserve one’s life and future.
Our mission is to provide interactive life skills training and health and wellness programs designed to engage, educate and empower young people to lead extraordinary lives. This is done via our Empowerment Team Mentoring, Youth Development and Community Outreach programs.
What Makes Hip Hop 4 Life Unique?
We have the innate ability to apply a variety of programming formats that infuse the art, influence and community of Hip Hop to immediately engage, involve, and connect with the youth that we serve.
Our staff is well versed in youth culture and experienced in communicating with young people in a way that is relatable.
We execute youth focus groups to play an integral role in the development of program club curriculums, in an effort to ensure that our information and process is relevant, credible, and compelling.
We secure professionals and notable personalities from the health, corporate, entertainment, and sports industries to serve as guest presenters and mentors to expose the youth to different career opportunities and further enhance an engaging atmosphere. The result is an extended, growing community of informed youth and support networks that strengthen current disadvantaged communities and build future generations of healthier individuals.
Our Three-Step Methodology:
Create a comfortable and inviting atmosphere that allows for open and honest dialogue and fosters a fun and educational environment. Programs are staffed by teaching artists and facilitators who are well versed in youth culture and experienced in communicating with young people in a way that is relatable.
Provide youth with programs that feature interactive life skills training, health awareness, and character development, infused with dialogue and educational information. The workshops consist of activities such as role-playing skits, team building exercises, round table group "rap sessions," hands-on empowerment projects (art projects, rap songs, etc.), and incentive-based exercises.
Each program club has specific goals. However, Hip Hop 4 Life’s programs are designed to achieve over-arching goals. As a result of participating in our programs, students will:
- Be informed of crucial information related to health and life skills issues, including preventive measures to equip them with essential awareness and understanding.
- Complete several projects, community service endeavors, and presentations throughout the duration of the program, exercising their understanding of material and prompting personal expression and involvement.
- Have undergone experiential lessons in real-world scenarios, be responsible for exercising their understanding in their community, as they have learned from representative facilitators, volunteers, and guests.
- Execute college and career planning projects designed to expose them to post-secondary opportunities and increase a desire to pursue a college education and career.
- Build positive self-image, resiliency, conflict resolution skills, and violence prevention strategies.
- Complete the program with belief in their future and a profound desire to achieve.